25 November, 2014

Brisbane

The third and final stop of our Australia trip was in Brisbane, located on the central east coast of the country, in the southeast corner of the state Queensland. Brisbane was one of the cutest and cleanest cities I've been in before. It was big enough to have a bunch of stuff to do, but not a giant city full of traffic and tourists like Sydney or pretty much any city in America. It's also home to the famous Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, which is home to about 200 koalas, a huge pasture of kangaroos, and many other animals. Anyone who knows me well could probably guess that going there was one of my favorite parts of the trip since I get really excited about pretty much every animal. All in all, Brisbane was a really fun and relaxing place to end the trip!

Brisbane!

Brisbane is split by a river. This is taken from South Bank, a cool public park type area with gardens, swimming, bars, cafes, and other fun stuff.



Walking around South Bank.

There's also a cool swimming lagoon. It was so fun to see all the Australian families enjoying the start of their summer after being surrounded by mostly tourists in Sydney and Cairns. 

Another shot of the Brisbane letters and the city behind it.

Walking across the river back to our hostel.

If any of you have eaten with me before, you'll know that I eat literally twice as slow as most people. Well, I'd like to introduce Robin, who eats twice as slow as me - pictures of our plates to prove it.

One of the 200 very lazy koalas living at the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary.

Lil tasmanian devil is all tuckered out.

A bunch of kangaroos, featuring the kangaroo in the center who has more muscular arms than me. 

Feeding time! They had such cute, tiny mouths.

Selfie with my new pal.

Kookaburra!

A white dingo. So funny how much it looks like a normal dog!

The Brisbane skyline at night, as seen from the terrace patio of our hostel.

Before my evening flight out of Australia, we went up to Mount Coot-tha, the highest peak in Brisbane with panoramic views of the city and river. A fun way to spend my last day in Australia :')